If you’re interested in beautifying your smile, Invisalign can definitely help turn the smile you like into one that you love.
And these clear aligners can work their magic nearly invisibly and more conveniently than metal braces; i.e., you can eat what you want (when you want) and you can take them out for any photo moments.
But there’s more than just a beautiful smile. Besides improving your cosmetic appearance, Invisalign can also fix various orthodontic problems that can lead to other issues, such as to your teeth, gums and overall health.
6 Dental Issues Invisalign Can Fix
- Overbite – This occurs when your upper front teeth overlap with your lower front teeth. Most people have a little overbite, but when it’s too large this can cause problems like the enamel of your teeth wearing down more quickly, or on-going jaw pain, like TMJ disorder.
- Underbite – When you close your mouth and your lower teeth are in front of your upper teeth, you have an underbite. In most cases, an underbite is caused because your lower jaw is too far forward. Problem? Having an underbite makes it harder to chew properly, it can interfere with your speech and may also cause your teeth to wear down more quickly.
- Crossbite – This occurs when you close your mouth and some of your upper teeth sit inside your lower teeth, instead of on the outside, which is where they would normally sit. Having a crossbite can cause your teeth to chip and wear down, as well as cause your gums to recede, which can lead to more serious gum problems.
- Gap Teeth – This happens when you have extra space between two or more of your teeth, like your front teeth. Having these gaps between your teeth creates pockets where food gets trapped, leading to possible gum disease and tooth decay issues, like cavities.
- Open Bite – When you close your mouth and your lower and upper teeth don’t touch, this is referred to as an open bite, which can interfere in your ability to chew or bite into certain foods. It can also impede your speech.
- Crowded Teeth – When your teeth shift, it’s because there’s not enough space in your jaw to fit them. As a result, some teeth will crowd into the space of neighboring teeth, overlapping them, and lead to crooked teeth. Overcrowding may lead to various dental issues like teeth cracking, gum disease and cavities because it’s easier for plaque to build up without being brushed away.
Learn More – Ask for a Free Invisalign Consult
Whether you want to cosmetically transform your smile or you need to address some orthodontic problems, Invisalign is a comfortable alternative to metal braces. If you’d like to learn more about how Invisalign can work for you, call (206) 524-1000 or contact us online. And be sure to mention that you’d like the free consultation!