What To Expect When You Visit Us!Here's How We're Keeping Everyone Safe!
Starting 2023 with a resolution to live a healthier life? One of the best ways to stay healthy this year is to keep your teeth healthy. Healthy teeth will make a healthier you.
But if COVID safety concerns are disrupting your dental care, you can rest assured that we'll keep you safe during your visits with us. We've now cared for over 7000 patients without a COVID+ occurrence! Here's how we're keeping everyone safe!
While Washington state has updated face covering regulations, the state still requires people wear face masks when they visit health care providers, regardless of their vaccination status. We thank you in advance for wearing a facemask when you visit our dental practice!
When you come in for your dental care, you will notice our commitment to help keep you and our staff safe. While our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines, we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety during this COVID era.
These additional precautions will also include new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions.
The Day of Your Visit
On the day of your appointment, you can rely on our team to keep you safe at every step of your visit with us – from the moment you arrive at our building to the moment you leave our office. We have taken enhanced precautions to protect you, in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
Added Precautions to Keep You COVID Safe
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot
wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- Removal of magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind.
- Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic.
- We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
- Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Ambient air management with HEPA 13 air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas
to remove germs from circulating air.
- Enhanced HVAC disinfection with UV light or HEPA Filtration units.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide
barriers against the smallest of germs.
- The convenience of Online Payment - secure, convenient & easy.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards,
telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Provide teledentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or
through video education.
- Provide disease testing recommendations for exposure detection to viruses.
Scheduled Appointments If You Have COVID
This is our current policy as recommended by the CDC:
Patients With Symptoms
Stay home for 5 days. Day 0 is the first day of having symptoms, or the date of a positive test if your are asymptomatic.
Patients Who With a Recent Known Exposure
- No isolation is needed if the patient is up-to-date with vaccines and/or had COVID within the last 90 days.
- If patient is not up-to-date with vaccines, stay home for 5 days - date of exposure is day 0.
Calculating isolation: The date of symptoms, a positive test, or exposure is day 0. Day 1 is the first day after the symptoms, test, or exposure.
While some things have changed at our office to keep you safer, you can still expect to experience the same expert care from the friendliest dental team in Seattle!
We look forward to seeing you soon. And in the meantime, if you have any questions, concerns, or you need to make an appointment, please call us at (206) 524-1000 or contact us online