We kicked off 2024 by adding a new puffer fish to our waiting room aquarium.
Unfortunately, he/she still needs a name! Can you help us name him/her? Just go to our Facebook page and submit your name, or vote for your favorite one!
Puffer Fish Fun Facts
While they may be a little clumsy swimming, compared to other fish in our waiting room’s aquarium, puffer fish can do some really cool things.
- They are masters of defense and can inflate themselves into a ball if they feel threatened – up to several times their normal size! Some also have spines on their skin to scare off predators!
- They don’t have scales, but they have spines instead.
- To puff up they take water into their mouths in a big mouthful, and then they pump it down into their stomach.
- When they’re startled, a puffer can remain puffed up for up to 10 minutes.
- Puffer fish have impressive teeth, which are extremely strong. In fact, they’re teeth are constantly growing and need to be worn down by proper hard food items.
It’s a new year already! Need to schedule a teeth cleaning and check-up? Maybe a post-Holidays teeth whitening? Or you want to complete some unfinished dental work – now is the perfect time to pick your days and times!
Just give us a call us at (206) 524-1000 or reach out to us online!
Happy New Year!