For better or worse, your teeth are one of the top three things people may subtly, or maybe not too subtly, judge you on. In fact, a study claims that 33% of people notice teeth before any other part of the face. And a smile stands out more than words, as another study showed that 48% of those surveyed believed a smile to be the most memorable feature they recall after meeting someone – more than spoken words, which came in at 25%.
If you’ve been thinking of improving the look of your teeth, and your smile, in-office teeth whitening can be a great option, especially when it’s done professionally. It’s less invasive than other cosmetic dentistry options. It’s fast, and it offers immediate results. You can walk out with a dramatically brighter smile, up to 8 shades, in about 90 minutes. And while teeth whitening can work wonders on your smile throughout the year, summer is particularly good time of year to dazzle everyone with your new smile.
5 Reasons for Teeth Whitening this Summer
- Stellar Summer Selfies – Take advantage of the summer light to make your new smile stand out. Whether you’re traveling someplace fun, or just playing in the sun, summer is a good time to share memories and moments with a selfie. And your new, brighter smile, will definitely help dazzle your summer selfies and make them shine on. (Your friends and family will be wondering how you keep looking younger!)
- Longer Days, More Smiling Options – Summer is here, which means longer days. That means there’s more time for people to actually see, and benefit, from your new shiny smile. And that’s a good thing, because when you smile, it’s contagious! What? Research shows that smiling really is contagious. When people smile, it makes everyone around them feel better, as they consciously, or unconsciously, smile with you. Your new smile can help make Seattle an even nicer place to live.
- Highlight Your Healthy Smile – You brush and floss twice a day, and you visit the dentist twice a year for exams and cleanings. Your teeth are healthy, and you have a nice smile…but your teeth still have some natural discoloration – that is age related or is a residual occurrence from consuming coffee, wine, tea, sodas, certain foods, or smoking.. Teeth whitening can give your healthy smile a little cosmetic dentistry pick-me-up, transforming an already healthy smile into a shiny, bright one. (Your teeth will look, and feel healthy, and younger.)
- Stand Out at Summer Events – Summer is a season for weddings, re-unions, blocks parties, and family gatherings. It’s a social time of year, so it’s the perfect opportunity to make your smile even more remarkable, and memorable! Your new smile will be ready for any close-ups with family and friends.
- Give Yourself a Little Boost – Who needs Botox, when you can rely on teeth whitening? In the gravity defying battle against aging, it seems that having white teeth can make you appear 5 years younger, and also appear more attractive. That comes from a study conducted by Oral B. Your bright new smile may not only make others notice you in a different light, it can be a nice self-confidence builder. You’ll feel better about yourself, and smile more. And whenever you smile, you’re releasing endorphins, which help make you feel happy, and lower your stress levels.
P.S. If you do want Botox for dental reasons, we can help. Learn more about Botox for dental!
So, what happens during your “smile spa” teeth whitening session? You’ll comfortably relax in an air-conditioned room, watching TV or listening to music, while our Zoom! Teeth Whitening treatment safely brightens your smile. From preparation to completion, the treatment generally takes about 90 minutes. And then you walk out with a brand new smile, sometimes up to 8 shades brighter.
If you’re interested in learning more about an in-office whitening treatment, we recommend scheduling a pre-consultation, so that our dentists can evaluate whether Zoom! will be a good option for your teeth. Because these whitening treatments are completed under the supervision of our dentists, they will recommend which whitening options will best accomplish your whitening goals, with consideration to how your current dental situation might affect your whitening treatment.
When you’re ready to highlight your smile for the summer, please call us at (206) 524-1000 to schedule a teeth whitening consultation, or request an appointment online.